Peels/ Vegetable Gels can improve the skin's appearance. In this treatment, a solution is applied to the skin, which makes it a "blister" and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging.
- Improve the appearance of mild scars.
- Treat certain types of acne.
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills.
- Improve the look and feel of skin.
After a Peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say "broad-spectrum" on the label, meaning it protects against the sun's UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30.